There are various use cases for tokens.
They seem to be about fancy and pricey pics right now. But they do have another face. Being a utility/tool. In most cases, the utility side work in such a way that someone having the token can do something that others can’t. In many of the cases below the utility can be called token - gating meaning that the presence of a token as proof of possession guards access to content or functionality. Below I keep a list of domains in which tokens especially non-fungible tokens bring new things to the table.
Token protected pages:
The page that is protected can be various things it can be:
- valuable content created by an expert- here experts thanks to the expertise gathers some community of folks interested in a specific topic
- some super interesting things related to some celebrity that is released explicitly to the exclusive fans community
Here it is about monetising time or allowing the only specific group to schedule events
- Only members with the token can book time with someone
- Only users with tokens can book time and pay for the time with this token
List of time scheduling projects:
Having a token can increase sales or interest in a brand by smart use of regulating access to some demanded products.
- It can have various flavors either can be about discounts
- or about the general availability of some products only for those with token
Like tokens proving membership in some club with all the current and future perks.
https://jrny.club/ JRNY CLUB
NFT representation of loot, characters, or anything that can be used in a game:
https://niftys.com/thematrix Matrix from nifty's (in-game characters)
https://www.cyberkongz.com/about Sandbox cooperation with (game characters)
https://digidragons.io/ earning/chance of earning while staking